Lookout

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change a value based on the time?

Using Lookout 4.01:

Is it possible to set the value of a gauge or pot based on the system time? Starting at midnight with value 0%, then increment the value each hour (on the hour) to 100% at midday and then reduce it back to zero. The increment is always the same (±8.3%). Repeating this process every day.

The aim is to control a light to simulate the sun.

Many thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,307 Views)

Hi, Lookout 4.01 is a little old, I am not sure if the functions are similar with higher version. But according to recent version Lookout 6.7.1, I don't think there is a direct way to bound the system time to the process, I guess the objects under Timers can be used to achieve the same functions.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,254 Views)

I have a partial solution. Using a pulse timer with period 1 hour and duration 0. The timer is linked to a counter. The counter is linked to the cursor in a datatable containing the power settings. The only problem I have is when the counter resets, it goes to 0 and the first value in the datatable is at position 2.

I have not found a way to reset the counter to 2, which would make the system perfect.

The only other problem is that the Excel file needed for the datatable is a very old format. Newer versions of Excel can read a file but not create it. I had to make a small process to generate the correct Excel format.

Regards

Mark

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,250 Views)