Lookout

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you count I/O points in Lookout?

I'm fully aware of how to count points in a SCADA system when the system is straight forward. But I'm a bit confused when it comes to using ASCII Text object to bring in a string of data that contains ALL info at a particular station. Or using DDE to connect Lookout to MS Access to bring data in.

My main concern is to purchase the correct number of I/O for a particular system.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(5,298 Views)
There is a KnowledgeBase article that covers this. Under the Support tab, or any search bar, type "how to count i/o in lookout" and the article will come up. Basically, any time you go outside Lookout to get a value counts as an I/O point. Once the value is in Lookout you can use it as many times as you want.

In your case, each different ASCII string and each DDE connection would count as an I/O point.
Message 2 of 8
(5,298 Views)

Does anyone have a link to this Knowledge Base article. I could not find it in a search.

Thanks, Alan

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(5,004 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(4,987 Views)
Another question on this old thread, does an OPC server connection add to the I/O count?

We are using an OPC connection to pass the alarms to an external application
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,749 Views)
If you connect to Lookout OPC Server, and read it's pot, switch or non-driver object, it doesn't count the IO. But if other application read the Lookout driver object's datamember through Lookout OPC Server, it will be counted.

If you use OPClient object to connect other OPC Server, the connection will be counted. The OPClient object is considered as the driver object.
Ryan Shi
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(4,731 Views)

How do you count I/O points in Lookout?

Is there a registor that keeps count of them? All i can find is "unlimited" I need to find how many points are being used?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,680 Views)

Lookout 6.6

under help  'about Lookout' click 'Processes'

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,678 Views)