From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Lookout

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I setup a client with the client software to view the info on the server?

I have a Lookout server running and I need to have another PC interact with it. I was under the impression that I could set this up with the client software (we have multiple client licenses). I can't seem to figure it out.

Any help would be much appreciated.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,722 Views)
The first question I have is did you develop your server machine with server and client processes? If you did the next step will be easy, if not you will have to develop an entire new client application.

The server app should have all of your drivers talking to whatever PLCs you may have.

Now to get your client app. You need to create symbolic links to all of your drivers making sure to use an absolute path. Then you can expand your symbolic link just and display anything just as you normally would.

If you developed you applications like this to begin with, all you have to do is copy your client app to any pc on the network with Lookout Client software and you should be in business.

This link should help get you going
http://zone.ni.com/devzone/con
ceptd.nsf/webmain/6EB26E112C820DEB86256A4500646D56?OpenDocument
Message 2 of 2
(2,722 Views)