Lookout

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I insure that a Timer object starts where it left off if Lookout gets shutdown?

How can I insure that a timer object starts where it left off after Lookout has been shut down and restarted?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,756 Views)

Hi Ollie,

I am assuming you are talking about the Pulse timer because all the other Timer objects (TimeOfDay, etc.) are absolute and do not get affected by the shutting down of Lookout.

In the case of Pulse timer, the only way I see is to create one yourself because the parameters are not writable so you cannot compensate for the shutdown time at run-time.

It's fairly straightforward to create a timer in Lookout. Use the Pulse timer and set it to pulse every second. Create a Counter object and count these pulses. Then create an Expression object that subtracts the counter values from your pre-set value. This will be your new timer and will count down to your pre-set value. For example:

Exp1 = 60 - Counter1

The above is a 60 second timer t
hat starts where it left off when the process was closed. If you want a trigger, you can have another Exp object which goes true when Exp1 = 0, for instance.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Khalid

Message 2 of 3
(2,756 Views)
Thank you, I don�t know how I missed something so obvious, I guess I'm trying to make it harder then it should be.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,756 Views)