From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Lookout

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP! everytime i try to click on any previously working push buttons on any control panel all it does it bring me back to my main screen

it seems like it started after a recent windows update but not exactly sure. No matter where i click on any of my other control panels it brings me back to my main screen every time, even when i try and click on push buttons that worked before to bring me to other panels now instead just brings me right back to my main screen. the only way i found that i am able to access those panels on the push buttons i can no longer click on is to go to the panel with the push button on it off of my homescreen and insead of clicking a push button on that panel (because that just brings me back to my main screen) i have to go into edit mode click the push button on that panel and then turn edit mode back off and it will then allow me to use the push button to open the panel i need. After that if I go back to my main screen i need to do that all over again every time to access any control panels. any help is greatly appreciated

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,894 Views)
Hello, what's your Lookout version? What is your original OS? And what's your new OS? Does this problems occurs after you update your Windows immediately? Or you edit your process befort the issue comes up? You can copy your process to another computer to have a try, thus you can verify whether it's a problem of Lookout or the process itself. If it's a problem of Lookout, you can reinstall it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,862 Views)
My lookout version is 6.7 build 49153. My operating system is windows 7 and there was no previous OS sorry for the confusion what i ment was windows had updates that were downloaded and installed and it seems the issue started after that.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,854 Views)
I think the first thing that you should do is moving your process to another computer which has installed Lookout of the same version(you can install a trial version), if it can work normally, you should reinstall Lookout in your original computer, maybe the updates is the cause of the problem.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,843 Views)
Ok i moved it to another computer we had with a little bit older version of lookout on it and everything was running fine until one of my guys that works nights installed the new lookout update on the older computer and thats when it started happening again...i tried to restore back to a previous restore point but the computer ended up freezing on the initilizing screen and wouldnt do the restore...but at least i know the problem is with the new lookout update
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,785 Views)
Hello,what's the version you developed the process in? Do you mean that you process can run normally in Lookout6.6 (previous version to Lookout 6.7), but the problem occurs when it runs in Lookout 6.7?
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,771 Views)