Lookout

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General data logging failure

I have been receiving this error message over the past week on our Lookout 5.0 setup. After this message, no data logging happens for any logged point, not just the alarmed point! This is shown in the default alarm window that comes out of the box with Lookout.

Lookout has v5.0 latest fixes file installed (as of mid 2006), Citadel was updated around the same time also. OS is W2K, SP4. Any ideas. Lookout and Citadel are the only things running on this box. Application is a typical base station talking to 45 remote sites. This is an example of the data logging failure alarms that I get on the alarm screen.

//basestation/Modbus045.43107: General data logging failure (0x800045005)

where the object name = '....Modbus045.43107' and the alarm description is 'General data logging failure (0x800045005)'

I have several of these alarms for various sites and tags (elevation, amperage, etc.).  I've noticed that when I get this error the computer doesn't log data and I can't clear the alarms. This has happened before but I cannot seem to replicate, seemly happens randomly. Sometimes several times a day, other times it will go for weeks or months. The only way to previously get out of it is to click OK, then restart computer. Checked OS processes prior to shutting down, lookout.exe and the ldcitdl.exe, ldads.exe, and ldtsrv.exe are all running, but at 0% CPU usage.

This last week, restarting the computer does not work anymore. System gives these types of errors after a restart. This system has been providing data consistently since its been placed in operation and lots of disk space left.

Any suggestions on where to start debugging?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,024 Views)
I suggest you to create a new database.  In Max, right click "Historical Data", select Create New...
And then in Lookout, log data to this new one.  File->Modify process, uncheck "use default vaue" and select the new database.
If the new database works fine without the "logging failure " alarm, I think the database you are using may be corrupted.
Ryan Shi
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,005 Views)