Lookout

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Future of Lookout - Updates?

Guys,

Take the hint and move on.  We did - found VTS from Trihedral Engring in Bedford N.S. Canada.

They are a first class company and SCADA HMI software is all they do so you ALWAYS get outstanding, prompt service.

Software has and does everything that lookout does plus a WHOLE lot more.

Check it out, you will not be sorry...

Message 11 of 31
(4,967 Views)

SCADAPro,

Not being one to place all eggs in basket; we are migrating the system to other platforms (Right now looks like Advantech & possibly ClearSCADA).  We still have a decent install base with Lookout and find the ease of use for our clients to be a great selling point.

We are also researching other HMI and have come across VTS quite a few times.  Any tips for a Lookout integrator? 

Thanks,

Mike

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Forshock - Consult.Develop.Solve.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 31
(4,929 Views)

Well I guess it's time for a change.

In the last few weeks we have been testing InduSoft, InstantHMI, ClearSCADA, Citect and a few others.  The decision to use another system comes with many headaches, but NI cannot guarantee any real future with Lookout.  Taking almost 2 months to reach a "guy in charge", and with the lack of integrators being able to be located doesn't reinforce our hope.

Wonderware is definitely out of the question, and while I am still not totally convinced by Control Microsystems, our region has a large install of ClearSCADA which allows us to gain with future integration.

We will continue install Lookout if it fits, but I dont think we will develop any further with Lookout.

Thanks and good luck everybody,

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 31
(4,854 Views)

I'm kind of in the same boat. Have you considered Labview? THAT app is gonna stick around  a while, you won't have to buy any more runtime licenses, and the size of your I/O count is no longer even relevant.

Yeah it's a dent in the pocketbook, but the ROI should more than compensate for that.

G

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 31
(4,715 Views)

Do you happen to know the most up to date version of Lookout?

MWarner
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 31
(4,516 Views)

WOW!  I believe is Nation Instruments is as committed as they say they are, then their developers need to start answering these post, I am ready to switch to another software because I never get any answers from National Instruments, why offer a product if you don't stand behind it?

MWarner
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 31
(4,385 Views)

Well, its been over a year.  Lookout 6.6 released, another minor incremement with problems still existing.

Database is still the number one problem for our systems.  I have not seen any updates in relation to that area.

Best of luck,

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 31
(3,892 Views)

Well, our company held out as long as we could with Lookout, but when NI released Ver 6.6  it was the "last straw"; we caved and bought Labview. We expect to roll out our first "replacement for Lookout" project next month. I lament losing the Lookout Hypertrend object especially, but am looking forward to adding more functionality to our offerings since we are no longer bridled by the number of I/O in each project - for years I have thirsted for a chance to build "troubleshooting assistance" into our HMIs, and now I can go nuts with it.

Best wishes to the rest of you die-hards.

George

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 31
(3,879 Views)

George,

Isn't labview still using Citadel as the database?  Would not help us too much, unless for some reason this is a Lookout interface issue, very unlikely.

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 31
(3,868 Views)

Hi Mike.  Did you guys move away from Lookout. We deployed 6.6 on Win7 two weeks ago and have major problems with the operation of our processes.  I'm afraid this could lead to disaster and I think I'm being forced by NI to move on. I called NI today to try and get some assistance and was referred to a third party by NI directly.  We pay $14K each year for a SSP and I get referred to a third party for assitance.  Why am I looking to run??

If you have any suggestions on a replacement system,  I would appreciate your thoughts.

Jeff   

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 31
(3,679 Views)