Lookout

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate data in historical log when changing time

Having changed the time on the computer which the Lookout Timeserver uses to synchronize its clock, my Hypertrends show that the Citadel database has two sets of data for logged objects during the overlapped time period. The Hypertrend cursor reports values for the data that was written to the database first. Unfortunately, I am most interested in the data that was recorded second. Querying the Citadel database using Excel and Microsoft Query results in null values for the overlapped time period. Is there any way to extract the second set of data for this time period other than visually recording points off the Hypertrend graph?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,175 Views)
Correction -- Excel and Microsoft Query extract the data first put into the database during the overlap interval just as reported by the Hypertrend cursor.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,175 Views)
Hi,

Could you clarify if the data you want to extract is physically available in Citadel or not. You can use MAX (Measurement@Automation Explorer) and Historoical Data Viewer to check this. If it is physically available, then you can export data to a tab delimeter text file that you can open in Excel. This feature is available in MAX. I hope this helps.

Best Regards,
Remzi A.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,175 Views)
Remzi,

I am currently using Lookout 4.0.1 build 61 along with LabView 7.0 and MAX 3.0.1. I do not currently have the DSC software required for viewing historical data in MAX, but is there any evidence it would extract data any differently than the hypertrend cursor or Microsoft Query used with Excel? The only evidence I have that the two sets of data reside in the Citadel database is that both traces are recorded in the hypertrend viewer.

Mark Nornberg
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,174 Views)