Lookout

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create process file in Windows 7 and cannot open it in Windows XP

Hi,

I have just created a process file in my development PC with OS windows 7. I copy the process file to my testing PC with OS WIndows XP and NI lookout client version. It seems that all graphic is gone and cannot be displayed. What can I do now? Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(5,962 Views)

The customized graphic files are in <lookout folder>\Graphics\

You need to copy all the customized graphices files to the same location on a different computer.

Ryan Shi
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(5,953 Views)

Thanks.. it can load the graphic after I copied them to there.

One more problem, when I run the process file in client PC. I got the error message "Complie failed" and Class not found: DL205. What can I do? Should I have to copy other system files to client PC? Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(5,939 Views)

Is the "client" PC a lookout client version?

Lookout client process runs in client version. You cannot use the driver object such as the DL driver object in lookout client version. The driver object can only run in server version, and the client version just connects to the lookout server to get data.

Ryan Shi
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(5,934 Views)

Yes, client PC is using client version of Lookout.

oh! it's my misunderstanding about the client version. I am thinking Lookout likes VB6 development kit. Once I finished the program, I can make an executable file and deploy to other PC.

If I need to deploy the program to customer, I have to install the server version to the PC which is connecting to the PLC so that they can run the driver object, am I right?

Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(5,923 Views)

Yes, you are right.

The development server software is for developing process, either server or client process. The server process has the driver object.

The runtime only server software is for deploying and running the server process. So, your customer needs the runtime only server software to run your process that connects to the PLC. Of course, the customer can use the development server software.

Ryan Shi
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(5,903 Views)