Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client license limit exceeded?

Computer #1:
Software: 500 I/O points
Client License: 1
Lookout reports:
2 Processes Running (136 total I/O points)
Process #1 (136 total points, 136 input points, 8 output
points)
Process #2 (0 total points, 0 input points, 0 output points)

Computer #2:
Software: 500 I/O points
Client License: 1
Lookout reports:
2 Processes Running (136 total I/O points)
Process #1 (136 total points, 136 input points, 8 output
points)
Process #2 (0 total points, 0 input points, 0 output points)

Each computer is both a server and client to one another (for mutual
redundancy).

I keep getting the "Client License
Limit Exceeded" alarm on Computer #1.
Even when Computer #1 takes over all of Computer #2 I/O points - it is still
only 272 I/O points. I have two client licenses.

Why would I get this alarm?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,240 Views)
Client licenses are purchased and counted at the server. It sounds like you have two servers, but each of those servers only has one client license, and therefore is configured to only accept only one connection. However, your servers not only have the one client connection, but also a second client connection that is the other reduntant system. Therefore, both servers would need 2 client licenses each.

Regards,
Greg
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,240 Views)

I am also receiving this error, what I am trying to do is this;

Using two computers, both with development and runtime licenses and both running the same process gathering data from a remote PLC.  There is one occasion that I need to press a button on one process (which alters the state of a flip/flop object) and have it change the state of the flip/flop on the other process. example parameters;

flip/flop name:  S14_Trouble_ff

input: S14_Trouble_pb or \\192.168.100.100\process_name\S14_Trouble_pb

When I create this connection to the remote/network process, I receive the Client License Limit Exceeded alarm.  Is there a way around this?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,795 Views)
It is expected to have this alarm. When you make this connection, the other Lookout process will be thought of as a client connected to the current server process. You need to install the client connection license on the server computer. If you don't have the client connection license, you can try the network DDE to transfer the data between Lookout on different computer. See this KB. http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/5400AE61F71F1CC486256655005CB1C6?OpenDocument Use the DDELink object on remote computer to connect the local Lookout DDE server.
Ryan Shi
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,772 Views)