Lookout

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client freezes

Problem is that from time to time cerver stops communicating with clients. No red x's and pbt's freeze. We are running lookout 5.1 with Logos 4.5.

This is occuring more than we would like - twice in the last week.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(4,508 Views)
Hi there, Mate it seems that you have more then one problem, that is a good choose to have Lookout and logos running but try looking at different alternatives
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(4,508 Views)
It sounds like you may be seeing an issue we discovered last fall with Logos 4.5 on high performance computers (i.e. - over 2 GHz, hyperthreaded, dual processor support - one or all of the above). We released a patched version of Logos that fixes this problem. You can download the latest version at the following link, or search for Lookout updates on Drivers and Updates. This problem is documented in KnowledgeBase 34ADGVL1.

If this does not resolve the probl
em, please post a reply.

Regards,

Kristi H
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(4,505 Views)
Thanks Kristi for your reply,

We have already installed the 4.5.1.432 update of logos on all our machines. We accomplished this last fall right after the update came out. The problem is very sporadic and we really have no time when ith happens to troubleshoot as we need to get back to running condition ASAP. I have not heard anyone else with this problem yet.

Joe
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(4,505 Views)
Hi Joe,

I'm sorry to hear the Logos update has not helped.

What kind of computers are you using in your system? How fast are they? What operating system(s) are you using? Does it appear that the server is working properly but that clients can simply not communicate with the server?

Regards,

Kristi
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(4,505 Views)
Hi Joe,

I have another question. When the communication stops, is there anything that appears to be taking up a large amount of processor time in the Windows Task Manager? Are all three of the Lookout services running - lkcitdl, lkads, lktsrv?

Kristi H
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(4,506 Views)
Kristi,

Two answers in one-

Our system is configured as so:
Dell PowerEdge 1600SC, 512M Ram, Dual Processor 2.4GHz, Windows 2000 Pro SP4 ver 5.0.2195

The server is communicating with the PLC but not with the client stations (i.e. server app is updating). All services are running. We have seen this problem with processor load at 3%. We are not aware of what the processor load is at time of failure.

If comms fail does Logos require so restart time? and how much?

Joe
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(4,507 Views)
Hi Joe,

We recently posted a newer version of Logos (vs 4.5.1.593)on the web, released only a few weeks ago. Can you verify that the problem exists with the new version installed on all of the computers? If so, do the symptoms change if you disable the second processor?

Regards,

Kristi H
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(4,508 Views)
Please send me in right direction as I cannot find in the "Driver and Updates" section or just send it on to my email at j.smith@silocaf.com

Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(4,505 Views)
Hello Joe,

Follow this link to download the latest version of Logos. Please let us know if this takes care of the problem.

Kristi H
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(4,505 Views)