From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Lookout

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citadel ODBC

It seems that my post disappeared "mysteriously". So I am sending it again.

I sent this message to Support and I haven't had a response. Maybe you can help me. I would like to know your experiences with Citadel because until now it has been nothing but trouble to me. I am even thinking that it would be better to have a relational database that will waste a lot of space just to void the limitations that Citadel imposes. Is cheaper to buy a bigger disk than spend days trying to solve a new problem every time. Thanks in advance for your time.
Here is my original message:
I am having a hard time using Citadel database and trying to open files using ODBC from the Excel files that Lookout creates.

First Citadel:

I need to store some information that I will use to create HISTORIC histograms. Because of the limitations of Lookout I am using Visual Basic as interface. The problem is that every time I force a value to be stored in the database and I run my VB program, the values that are showed by my program are not refreshed immediately, in other words, if I force a change to be stored in the database, and a few seconds later I run my VB program, the new stored values are not shown by the ODBC interface. I have to wait several minutes and close all my programs and run again my program with the query. The other problem is that after I run the program 3 or 4 times (that is happening now always the second time), the VB program crashes or the Citadel database does not respond to the query and the Citadel service starts to take most of the CPU time of my computer. If I run MSQuery it crashes often after executing one or two queries.

In the program I am sending there are many combinations of SQL queries that I have tested. I tried to perform some Data Transforms to calculate the minimum, maximum and average value generated by a random waveform, and the response was always the same value (which was incorrect as it was evident taking a look to the Points table). I am sending a copy of my database in case that it is useful.

Excel files:

I want to know which version of driver of ODBC Excel I have to use to be able to read the files. Every time I tried to connect using it says that the format of my table is not the "expected" one. If I open the file with Excel 2000, the program says that the version of the file is Excel 2.1. My ODBC driver supports from 3.0 to 97/2000.

[See first answer for additional information]
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,593 Views)
[Attachment(s) for question]
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,593 Views)
I am also getting similar problems.I am using Labview DSC 6.0.2. When I make SQL query to CItadel database it works fine for 2-3 times return) SQL_DRIVER_ODBC_VER: %s"
and give error
"Unable to connect to data source: Data path="C:\PROGRA~1\National
Instruments\DSC Run-Time\6.0.2\data"
[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] The driver returned invalid (or failed to
return) SQL_DRIVER_ODBC_VER: %s"
and citadel service also get stopped.
Did you find any solutions for your problem.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,593 Views)