Lookout

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't access remote Citadel database

Hello,  (NOTE:  this is a duplicate message from one posted on the LabVIEW General board)

I am logging to a remote Citadel database using LabVIEW DSC 7.1.  The logging process works fine... on the remote computer I can view the values being updated.

However, on my HMI computer (which is running the DSC tag engine), I cannot access the remote database.
First I tried from MAX:
- left pane: selected Historical Data >> Citadel 5 Universe
- right pain: selected Network >> "Remote1" >> "History_DB"  (where Remote1 is the remote computer name)
At this point, a yellow exclamation mark is overlaid on the database tree mini-icon.  However, I CAN right-click to Properties and it successfully obtains the correct properties, e.g. path, size, traces, etc.

OK, then I tried it in LabVIEW:
- used "Read Trace.vi" with the appropriate UNC path format (path format obtained with PTH_EncodeRemDir.vi)
Result:  Warning 56, "HIST_ReadNumericTraceCORE.vi, Query failed to complete within the timeout of 30 seconds."

The remote computer has Lookout 6.0 installed, so that means both computers have Citadel 5.0.

Does anybody know what the problem is?

Thanks,
David Moerman
TruView Technology Integration Ltd.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,122 Views)
If both machines are on the same subnet/repeater, Try disabling the firewall on both machines.  There are other treads discussing this, but you can set the firewall to log droped packets and then use the logs to open the needed ports.  Most ports are dynamic so to still have security, you will need to open most UDP ports and limit the allowed IP address scope for those ports.  If connecting through an external network or the internet, I've had trouble with Citadel 5 access (particularly Hypertrends and MAX ), that hasn't been nailed down yet.

Good Luck,
Ed
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,080 Views)
Yes, I tried disabling both firewalls with no luck.

However, my difficulties appear to have resolved themselves.  I can now access the data using MAX (have not tried with LV yet).  According to NI tech support, it may have simply been an issue of doing an F5 (refresh) in MAX with the remote database selected.  I will try to confirm that this was indeed the reason it's working now.

Thanks,
-Dave
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,068 Views)