Lookout

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABB AC 800M plc interfacing with lookout 5.0

Hi friendz ,

Hope all doiing good and rocking. Anybody please help me out :(. We using lookout 5.0 as SCADA/HMI fine. PLC's we have in plant are Schneider PLC - Quantum  all working fine. Now, we got remote PLC outside in different locations. PLC installed are Schneider PLC - Momemtum and ABB - AC 800M. So,now we want to interface this remote plc to the main SCADA to monitor the status through tcp/ip.Schneider PLC has modbus/tcp so using modbus driver object in lookout we plane to interface but  with ABB plc dont know wat to do hv anyone interface ABB 800M / PI861/CI853 throught network in lookout. Please give some idea on this its urgent application.

regards

Pravin 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(8,251 Views)

Lookout doesn't have built-in driver specifically for ABB PLC.

What kind of protocol does this PLC support?

Does it has its own opc server?

Ryan Shi
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(8,246 Views)

Hi Ryan, 

Thanks for your immed reply. when i read the manulas of ABB AC800M .The controller we using is ABB PI861 which got four RJ45 jack it mention as two for ethernet and other two for RS232C out of which one dedicated for program tools.And also,we have communication module  CI853 in that two RS232C port available. Application library

• COMLI Communication Library
  • Foundation FIELDBUS H1 Communication Library
  • Foundation FIELDBUS HSE Communication Library
  • INSUM Communication Library
  • MB300 Communication Library
  • MMS Communication Library
  • ModBus Communication Library
  • Modem Communication Library
  • Siemens S3964 Communication Library
  • SattBus Communication Library
  • Serial Communication Library
 not sure in this model which library is used 
this all information got from there manuals.Main objective is to make interface this remote plc to the main SCADA to monitor the status,proposed solution for communication is through TCP/IP from telecom system.Now Schneider PLC has modbus/tcp so using modbus driver object in lookout planing to interface through that, but with ABB plc dont know wat to do .Have i given valued information for yur suggestion if not let be know.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(8,242 Views)

I see the "Modbus Communication Library" in the list. Does it support Modbus?

You'd better contact ABB for the supported communication protocol and how to configure it to work. For example, if it can be configured for Modbus communication, you can use the Modbus object in lookout.

Ryan Shi
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(8,217 Views)

Hi Pravin,

In ABB PLC MODBUS TCP/IP and MODBUS SERIAL COMMUNICATION is possible. You can try with both.Its using MODICON MODBUS protocol

Message Edited by bosski on 06-29-2009 02:36 AM
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(8,212 Views)

Hi all,

Rayan thanks for your reply, hope u doing good.Yeah we will be meeting abb rep. Bosski thanks for yur reply too, do u got any idea which module of ABB support Modbus/tcp , coz the module installed AC 800M/CI 853 mentioned as Modbus/RTU master only .This mean we can do modbus  serial communication??what that master only means??if that is the case if i need to take it in tcp/ip network do i need to put modbus/rtu to modbus/tcp converter will that work. please give suggestion for this.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(8,202 Views)