Lookout

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

100 I/O limit

After adding 2 objects (switches and status indicators) to my process, and saving my work, with no problem, then adding 2 more of the same to my process, I received the dreaded 100 I/O license limit which prevented me from any subsequent saving of my work. After deleting the additional objects (and several more no longer used objects), I still received the same notice when

trying to save the work, preventing saving.

Is the 100 I/O limitation "Per process" or is it the accumulated I/O total of all processes? (Even though only one process is running). I ask this because I then deleted an entire old (unused) process (to reduce the I/O count) and I still ran into the limit for the process that I was modifying. But when I went to work with another old process, (to test this theory), I ran into the same limit even though I made no additions to that process (which had not before ran into the limitation), I only changed an existing object so that there was something new to save.

In all cases, the limitation notice appears when trying to save the work.

Saving is prevented and a notice that Looking will terminate in 2 hours appears.

Is there any way to delete an actual I/O point since it appears that deleting or altering the object (or entire process) which created the I/O point/s does not delete the I/O point nor reduce the I/O point count?

We use Lookout for our Television transmitter control and monitoring.

Software Details: Lookout version 6.0.1

Operating System: Windows XP

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,949 Views)

KDVR wrote:

After adding 2 objects (switches and status indicators) to my process, and saving my work, with no problem, then adding 2 more of the same to my process, I received the dreaded 100 I/O license limit which prevented me from any subsequent saving of my work. After deleting the additional objects (and several more no longer used objects), I still received the same notice when

trying to save the work, preventing saving.

Is the 100 I/O limitation "Per process" or is it the accumulated I/O total of all processes? (Even though only one process is running). I ask this because I then deleted an entire old (unused) process (to reduce the I/O count) and I still ran into the limit for the process that I was modifying. But when I went to work with another old process, (to test this theory), I ran into the same limit even though I made no additions to that process (which had not before ran into the limitation), I only changed an existing object so that there was something new to save.

In all cases, the limitation notice appears when trying to save the work.

Saving is prevented and a notice that Looking will terminate in 2 hours appears.

Is there any way to delete an actual I/O point since it appears that deleting or altering the object (or entire process) which created the I/O point/s does not delete the I/O point nor reduce the I/O point count?

We use Lookout for our Television transmitter control and monitoring.

Software Details: Lookout version 6.0.1

Operating System: Windows XP

The license is for 100 I/O points total. If you have several processes running, or several aggregated objects running together, they all can not exceed the 100 I/O points. Data tables that are exported or imported add all their cells to the I/O total.

Deleting an I/O Point sometimes is hard to do because of their connections and graphic instance. A good way is to open Objects\Connection Browser.... And look for the object to be deleted. You will see there what is needed to do first to release the object for to be deleted. The object or I/O point must have no connections for to be deleted. Then look for the graphic representation of the object, delete it from screen, and finally open object explorer and delete it from there. Finally you must save all the processes and aggregated objects, and close by program all of them, then close Lookout and reopen Lookout. Lookout recompiles the program when closing, so better go to File/Save and then File/Close before shutdown Lookout.

Another way to verify whether the object has been deleted or not is opening with notepad the file of the process that has as extension"lks" and do a search for the object with notepad. If it appears there, the object STILL is in Lookout. Do not try to delete or modify anything in the file "lks" without knowing what you are doing. This is the source code file for the process.

If still you cannot control the number of I/O points, I would recommend to uninstall and reisntall Lookout.

Good luck.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,880 Views)