Linux Users

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

running a standalone labview with the linux Runtime Engine

hi all,

i installed a linux Runtime Engine on a Alix Board 6F2 " http://pcengines.ch/alix.htm"  , and i download a sample programme standalone  of labview.

so, i want to run this standalone on my board via the Terminal , but i dont not how to do this ,,??

please help ...

best regards,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(10,926 Views)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(5,122 Views)

I want to make clear what you are asking for. Do you want to run a Linux command line app like grep from inside LabVIEW or are you trying to run a LabVIEW built executable from a Linux command line? If it is the first, then the System Exec.vi is your answer. Read the very extensive help page for this VI for specific help. If it is the second, then it will depend upon if you have the X11 environment running on the target. LabVIEW built applications and DLLs (SOs) use the LabVIEW Run-Time Engine (RTE). The RTE requires the X11 libraries to be loaded to run. LabVIEW for Linux also has something called the "Dark RTE." The RTE has many of the features of the regular RTE, but there is no GUI and no need for X11 libraries. However, many property nodes that use features of the front panels will not work because the front panels will not be around in memory in the Dark RTE. To build something against the Dark RTE, you will need to build your application as a LabVIEW Built DLL and then write a small C wrapper file that calls into this DLL. You could then run a LabVIEW application as a command line program without the need for X11.

Randy Hoskin

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(5,122 Views)

hi Randy

yes i want to run a LabVIEW built executable from a Linux command line.

best regards

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(5,122 Views)

A simple chmod +x <application name> and running it as a normal user ./<application name> should work

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(5,122 Views)

So, does your device have X11 or not in the terminal?

Once you have built the app, then you will need to install the RTE RPM on your target and then you should be able to do ./BuiltApp.

Start with a simple app to make sure that everything is installed correctly. Create a VI that just adds 2 numbers and build it into an app. Try running that on your target and make sure that it works as expected.

Randy Hoskin

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(5,122 Views)

hi RandyH

please if you  know how to install X11 server on my device . i use the Centos 5.7

thanks

best regards,

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(5,122 Views)

This is probably an answer best gathered in the Centos forums. If you did a default install of Centos, then X11 will be present. If you did a custom install, then you will need to search for the X11 packages and install them using RPM or yum or something of the sort.

Randy Hoskin

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(5,122 Views)