Linux Users

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nidaqmx --import fails with cDAQ-9185 Hardware product type specified is invalid.

Hi,

I configured my hardware, cDAQ-9185 + NI 9232 on a windows machine with MAX and nidaqmx v.18.0. Everything went well there. Then I exported the hardware configuration as a configData.ini file in order to import it later on my CentOS 7 machine. It has the latest ni-daqmx rpm packages installed and the driver were linked to the kernel with

dkms autoinstall

I tried to apply the hardware configuration with the following command:

[user@host]$ nidaqmxconfig --import configData.ini --replace
Processed:
Failed

Error -201057
Hardware product type specified is invalid.

Enter a valid product type. If the product number you entered is an actual product type, ensure the product type is appropriate for the object you are configuring. For example, do not use the product type of a PXI device where an SCXI module is expected.
Product Type: cDAQ-9185

And here is the content of the configData.ini file:

$ cat configData.ini 
[DAQmx]
MajorVersion = 18
MinorVersion = 0

[DAQmxCDAQChassis cDAQ9185-1]
ProductType = cDAQ-9185
DevSerialNum = 0x1CF6CD4
BusType = TCP/IP
TCPIP.Hostname = cDAQ9185-1
TCPIP.EthernetIP = 169.254.153.205
TCPIP.EthernetMAC = 00:80:2F:18:7A:DF
TCPIP.EthernetMDNSServiceInstance = NI cDAQ-9185 01CF6CD4                                                                                                                                            
TCPIP.DevIsReserved = 0                                                                                                                                                                              

[DAQmxCDAQModule NI9232-2]                                                                                                                                                                           
ProductType = NI 9232 (BNC)                                                                                                                                                                          
DevSerialNum = 0x1D5A0B7                                                                                                                                                                             
CompactDAQ.ChassisDevName = cDAQ9185-1                                                                                                                                                               
CompactDAQ.SlotNum = 1                                                                                                                                                                               

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,658 Views)

OK, I digged a little bit deeper. After getting the cDAQ-9185 chassis IP address I tried to configure it directly using the python-nidaqmx library.

Here is my python file:

from nidaqmx.system.device import Device

d = Device.add_network_device('10.254.254.201', attempt_reservation=True)                                                                                                                  

And when launched, here is the result:

DaqError: Device cannot be created in MAX because a driver could not be found for the device.  You may need to upgrade NI-DAQmx.

Is the cDAQ-9185 really supported by NI-DAQmx 18.1 in Linux? It is on Windows. If this is the case, that is quite disappointing ...

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,638 Views)

Another (related) question: is there somewhere an accurate list of what hardware is supported on Linux exactly?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,629 Views)

@mat131 wrote:

Another (related) question: is there somewhere an accurate list of what hardware is supported on Linux exactly?

I don't know of a consolidated list, but each of the driver READMEs generally lists the hardware supported by that driver on Linux.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,626 Views)

Thanks @GabeJ, I already saw that Readme. But for the NI DAQmx readme, only PCI and PXI cards are listed, not a single cDAQ card and/or chassis is. Does this mean that no cDAQ are supported on Linux?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,618 Views)

@mat131 wrote:

Thanks @GabeJ, I already saw that Readme. But for the NI DAQmx readme, only PCI and PXI cards are listed, not a single cDAQ card and/or chassis is. Does this mean that no cDAQ are supported on Linux?

Yes, that's the conclusion I would draw.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,614 Views)