From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Linux Users

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cDAQ-9178 on Ubuntu

All,

The forum has a good amount of information talking about the ethernet based cDAQ devices and the struggles folks have had to use them on Linux. 

I specifically must use Ubuntu 16.04 for my system (3rd party hardware that is the heart of the system). I now need to bring in some data acquisition into the system to interact with the specialized 3rd party hardware. I'm considering an NI hardware solution, specifically a USB-based cDAQ-9178. 

Has anyone had success using USB-based cDAQ on Linux? How about on debian based systems?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,295 Views)

The July 2019 Release has cDAQ-9178 support.  Of course, there is no officially supplied Debian packaging.  Some people have had luck converting things with alien.  This is not an NI-supported configuration, but it may work for you.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,290 Views)

I have a cDAQ-9174 and Centos recognizes it. 

I have been trying to get the drivers to work with ubuntu for sometime now with limited success.  I have VISA drivers working fine, but so far no luck getting the daqmx drivers to work.  I can run nilsdev without error, but it does not list the cDAQ using ubuntu.  (Works fine with Centos.)

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,288 Views)