Linux Users

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Working with NI USB-4431 Device on Linux

tl;dr Is it possible to work with a NI USB-4431 device on Linux in 2018?

I do development work supporting a team of engineers and, because of the NI USB-4431 device they use, I have to run Windows as my main OS.  I trust that because this is a Linux group, I don't need to explain why this is less than ideal!

On Windows, the device requires the NiDAQmx driver.  I find the documentation on this, especially regarding Linux, confusing.  First, there's a NI-DAQmx for Linux page which appears to be outdated.  Many of the links don't work and it sends me to a search results page whose latest entry is for NI-DAQmx 8.0.2 which has a release date of 2011.  However, I'm able to find a download page for NI Linux Device Drivers (July 2018) which lists "NI-DAQmx 18.1" as a supported driver.  

I don't care which Linux distro I use at this point.  Do the NI Linux Device Drivers (July 2018) support the NI USB-4431 device?  Has anyone had any luck using this device on Linux?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,655 Views)

README_NI DAQmx.txt in the DriverReadmes.zip file contains the answers you seek.  (Spoiler: The only supported devices are PCI/PCIe/PXI/PXIe.)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,652 Views)

Thank you for the prompt and thorough response! 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,639 Views)