From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Linux Users

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which driver for PCI-6254 and 3.14 Kernel

I would also be interested in how you made it work in 3.10.39.

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(1,336 Views)

I´d suggest to use comedi for 3.10.x

When configuring the kernel (make menuconfig) enable staging and comedi as well as your comedi device driver.

When bootet into the kernel use comedi_boardinfo in order to test (also ls /dev/comedi0 shold show that it works).

See comedi.org for detailed information.

Is this a solution for u?

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(1,336 Views)

NI-KAL 14.0 has been posted to ni.com.  It contains official openSUSE 13.1 support.  Try it and let us know how it goes.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(1,340 Views)

Doesnt`t work for me (so far) with 3.10.* Kernel 64bit. But lets see - I ll have a closer look today.

So far I can tell u that the device in /dev is present and the ko is loaded. But nilsdev gives error (some libs not present)

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(1,340 Views)

@GabeJ

Having said that, that is not the only change required for 3.14 kernel support.  While I can't talk specifics about future releases, I can say that we are constantly working to update NI-KAL for our supported Linux distributions.

Your constantly running behind.

Your approach is fundamentally wrong. You should develop and maintain the drivers in collaboration with the kernel community, not against it.

And DAQ drivers belong into the IIO subsystem. Bypassing the kernel infrastructures is a really bad idea.

Kernel drivers are my daily business. I could help. But as long as this is on very low priority (last time we had a call, there was virtually no budget), the situation will get worse, and you'll loose even more customers. (just one of my clients would have easily refinanced a completely new BSP for the crios, including drivers).

Linux Embedded / Kernel Hacker / BSP / Driver development / Systems engineering
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(1,295 Views)