Linux Users

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading from openSUSE 11.1 to 11.3: Font Issue

Hi,

I have a stand-alone LabVIEW app that I developed and ran under openSUSE 11.1. Now I am moving it to 11.3. My problem is that on 11.3 all fonts became much larger, so everything is misaligned. Is there any way to define the fonts in the INI or CONF file so that they stay the same when moving between different versions of openSUSE, similar to what can be done on Windows (adding lines to the application INI file, like appFont="Tahoma" 13)?

Thanks,

Sergey L

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,555 Views)

Yes, this is possible. I know that if you rebuild your application after placing these tokens in your LabVIEW configuration file

appFont="Tahoma" 13
dialogFont="Tahoma" 13
hardCodeFontNames=True

the distributed application will have the proper font face and size you specify. I don't know if an existing application will use these settings if you add them to its INI file. But that's an easy vim edit and try 😉

Joe

Joe Friedchicken
NI Configuration Based Software
Get with your fellow OS users
[ Linux ] [ macOS ]
Principal Software Engineer :: Configuration Based Software
Senior Software Engineer :: Multifunction Instruments Applications Group (until May 2018)
Software Engineer :: Measurements RLP Group (until Mar 2014)
Applications Engineer :: High Speed Product Group (until Sep 2008)
Message 2 of 4
(3,767 Views)

Thanks Joe! I set all fonts both in LabVIEW and in my_app.conf file to "monotype-arial" 12 and added hardCodeFontNames=True entries into labview.conf and my_app.conf files. I'll need to do some realignment of objects in my code, but after that it should be consistent across OS versions, I hope.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,767 Views)

Works like a charm! Smiley Happy Yes, you can replace this with your [app].ini file without rebuilding application. 

Rob
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,883 Views)