Linux Users

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ubuntu 20.04.1 64bit and Labview (USB drivers?)

Hello everybody,

I see this is a burning question and there have been many threads concerning the issue of installing Labview on Ubuntu.

I have followed the advice from this forum, and the installation instructions on NI website and I have successfully installed:

• Labview 2020
  • NI-DAQmx 20.0 (from the Ubuntu software repository)

The installations went quite smooth actually.

Unfortunately Labview and doesn't recognize any of the NI-USB DAQ devices I have tried to install.

Running 'nidaqmxconfig --verbose' returns nothing, while 'lsusb' lists all the NI devices by their names.

Additionally I've tried to install nidaqbase an nivisa via 'alien' command albeit without success.

Did any of you have any luck running Ni-USB DAQ devices on their Linux systems and how did you do it?

Kind regards,

David

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 19
(3,904 Views)
Hi David, Welcome to the NI community and thanks for posting your question. To narrow down the issue, please provide the outputs of "lsusb", "lsni -v" and "lsmod | grep ni". You can pipe the outputs to a text file by adding " > your_filename_here.txt" to the command. Best of luck, Clemens
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 19
(3,894 Views)

The NI-DAQmx 20.1 readme file lists the supported devices.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 19
(3,887 Views)

Checked it from two sources.

I have NI USB-6251

KR,

David

niusb6251.png

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 19
(3,867 Views)

Hi,

Here are the output txt files as requested.

Thank you for your help!

-D

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 19
(3,864 Views)

GabeJ_1-1602245614401.png

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 19
(3,853 Views)

Oh man sorry.

So not a single USB device by National Instruments is supported in Linux?!

D-

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 19
(3,850 Views)

These CompactDAQ carriers are USB and are currently supported on Linux.

dousley_0-1602270212963.png

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 19
(3,835 Views)

Hi,

Thank for you answer.

Then I'll try to run it through the virtual machine running windows.

KR,

D-

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 19
(3,784 Views)
Hey Trubilu, Thanks for the files. According to lsni, it seems that the USB-DAQ was recognized properly. You can assign a device alias either via NI MAX, nidaqmxconfig (via --export filename, changing the alias, and using the --import argument afterwards). You should then be able to use one of the NI-provided DAQ examples with that alias name. Please keep us posted on your progress.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 19
(3,761 Views)