From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Linux Users

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXIe support in Linux drivers 2020

I'm trying to use an NI PXIe-8370 controller and NI PXIe-1073 chassis in a system running Centos 7. When I run nipxiconfig --list-identifiable-chassis, it only lists PXI chassis models even though it installed the INI files for the PXIe chassis models as well. In addition, there's no command for listing identifiable controllers (even though that option existed in older releases of the Linux device drivers). It appears that several commands have been removed from nipxiconfig in the 2020 drivers.

The readme (linked from http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/378353a.html) explicitly states that PXI Express chassis and controllers are supported. It also suggests installing ni-pxiplatformservices-devel, but that package doesn't exist in the repo.

Are PXIe devices actually supported in Linux?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,745 Views)

Hey bjonesvti,

PXIe-Chassis are certainly supported. With more recent chassis, they should be automatically configured. What does nipxiconfig -lv output? It should list your current chassis and controller. What output does lsni -v give you?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,701 Views)

Maybe there's a typo, but the 1073 chassis already has a built in remote controller. This means that the PXIe-8370 remote controller will not fit or work with the 1073 chassis. 

I'd be curious to see what the lsni -v gives.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,146 Views)