Linux Users

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI PXIe-6361 Linux driver

Hi,

I am facing the following problem: I have a NI rack with a PXIe-6361 card connected to my PC, which is running ScientificLinux 7. Furthermore I am using a BNC 2090 Rack mount.

Although I installed the NI_DAQmx Base 15.0 drivers, the official NI documentation tells me that my card is not officially supported by this driver base. Therefore it's not suprising that I can't find any daq devices with my computer.

So my question here would then be, is there any way to make this card working with Linux, maybe some third party drivers? Or maybe someone knows a workaround of some sort? I really would hate to install Windows just because of that .

Cheers

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,385 Views)

responsive_nanosystems wrote:

I have a NI rack with a PXIe-6361 card connected to my PC, which is running ScientificLinux 7

<snip>

Is there any way to make this card working with Linux, maybe some third party drivers?

PCIe X Series support on Linux is available through the Driver Development Kit (DDK).

FAQ

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/2D93070A3DDEFD7186256C59007289E6

The DDK is not a driver and an API, but a set of C/C++ source files that demonstrates the hardware's different features. Still, you should be able to reuse or remix the examples to suit your requirements.

Joe Friedchicken
NI Configuration Based Software
Get with your fellow OS users
[ Linux ] [ macOS ]
Principal Software Engineer :: Configuration Based Software
Senior Software Engineer :: Multifunction Instruments Applications Group (until May 2018)
Software Engineer :: Measurements RLP Group (until Mar 2014)
Applications Engineer :: High Speed Product Group (until Sep 2008)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(6,051 Views)

OK thanks, I will try that!

Cheers

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,051 Views)

directly passing through everything to userland ? running everything as root ? seriously ?!

*facepalm* 

Linux Embedded / Kernel Hacker / BSP / Driver development / Systems engineering
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,617 Views)