From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Linux Users

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

May I use linux for niFgen/niScope development on PXIe chassis?

Hi,

Recently I installed Scientific Linux 6.7 on following configuration:

- Chassis: PXIe 1078 (PXIe 1082 when 1078 is in service)

- Controller: PXIe-8135
- NI SCOPE: PXIe-5105
- NI FGEN: PXI-5412
- MX: PXIe-2540
I also installed the newest drivers (including nikal) and niscpe/nifgen libs.
Modules load, lspci returns info for: 5412, 2540, GPIB and "Signal Processing Controller"
However nilsdev returns nothing....
I tried to make some drivers using VISA driverwizard, but without success.
Is it possible to control scope/fgen devices from Linux on this computer, if so where should I look for a help?
Regards
Rafal
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,130 Views)

This should probably go in the group.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,754 Views)

The latest versions of NI-FGEN and NI-SCOPE for Linux are NI-FGEN 2.4.1 and NI-SCOPE 3.1. The README for NI-FGEN indicates that the PXI-5412 is supported. Unfortunately, the PXIe-5105 is not supported by NI-SCOPE 3.1, so I'm afraid it's not possible to use this specific combination of hardware on Linux.

Note that both NI-FGEN 2.4.1 and NI-SCOPE 3.1 only support 32-bit kernels.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,754 Views)

I also has a combination of PXIe-1085 Chassis, three PXIe-5122 digitizers, two PXI-5412 AWG, and PXIe-PCIe8381 MXI.

I work in a large experimental facility, KSTAR tokamak, where all the control systems are composed of Linux machines.

Could I control these digitizers and awgs on Linux?

If not, NI has a plan to support 64 bit driver for NI-FGEN and NI-SCOPE to control PXI Express hardware?

The LATEST version of NI-FGEN and NI-SCOPE were developed so long long time ago.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,754 Views)