Linux Users

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make an "executable" for ubuntu

Hi,

For one thing, I'm not good at dev with Linux.

I have made a program on w10 but at work we work with w10 and Linux (Ubuntu distribution) in parallel.

I don't know, if it is possible to generate a file or 2 for each os ? In fact how do I "run" my labview on Linux and w10?

This VI uses UDP and serial functions.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(1,373 Views)

Well... as long as you don't use VIs that are "Windows only", you can take the same LabVIEW source code and run it either on Womdows or on Ubuntu, the UDP/TCP VIs are definitely OS agnostic.

The build an application on Linux, you can used the exact same build spec that you use on Windows.

Of course you need to install LabVIEW on Linux to be able to compile for Linux. Ubuntu 20 LTS and 22 LTS are supported by NI (depending on which LabVIEW version you're using).

So first question, have you been able to install the LabVIEW version you use on your Ubuntu system?

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(1,344 Views)

Oh thanks, for you response.

I try to install labview on linux :

I download a version on the website, convert the file in .deb and try to install but an error occur : 

Nalofox_0-1676571998051.png

I see normaly a folder in usr/local/natinst but the folder natinst isn't created.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(1,332 Views)

Finally I succeeded to install labview and run my VI ‌‌.

It is run one time and now is broken...

More precisely, a lib is broken there is an equivalent at VIMP with Linux?

I have done a big copy and paste of the lib...

The error: 

- SetMap. Lvlib: JSON to Map. VI:
This VI cannot access the referenced item in private scope.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(1,324 Views)

VIPM exists for Linux, I use VIPM 2017 but there are many limitations with this, there is a more recent version for Linux and I think it works better (no need sudo to run it)

The VI that has an issue comes from a package?

If yes, then try to install it properly via VIPM

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(1,314 Views)

I did not succeed to install VIPM everytime I try to run it. It did not find the lib (contains on leave 2015 runtime) which is correctly installed.

However, my labview work every time for the moment. Maybe only one restart has fixed the bug.

I have tried to make an application perhaps I miss some step, but when I try it, launch it I got an error:

Nalofox_0-1677005535800.png

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(1,262 Views)