Linux Users

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview 2019 DAQmx drivers Centos 8

I'm trying to install labview with DAQmx drivers on Centos 8. I've tried installing Labview, patching to latest patch, and then installing latest drivers from driverupdates.zip; installing labviewSP1 without patch and DAQmx 19.1.0; and most combinations in between. I first was installing and ignoring SMAP, but have since disabled SMAP and reinstalled everything.

When I open any vi's that have a channel constant in it, there's a seemingly random chance that, upon opening the block diagram, labview crashes. When labview successfully displays the block diagram, I am unable to get the VI to run, giving an error:

Device identifier is invalid.

And I'm unable to select a new device name from the channel constant drop down. Sometimes it suggests a new device identifier, however the new identifier also does not work.

Running lsusb indicates a national instruments device plugged in to the USB bus.

Does anyone know what may be causing the problem or have very specific install instructions for Centos 8 that prevents this problem?

Thanks for your help,

Thomas

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,764 Views)

@TJLeps wrote:

Running lsusb indicates a national instruments device plugged in to the USB bus.

What is the device?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,745 Views)

Oops, I was trying to be thorough with the software side and totally forgot to add that, it's a cDAQ-9174 with an ni-9201 in it.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,742 Views)