From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Linux Users

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview 2019 DAQmx drivers Centos 8

I'm trying to install labview with DAQmx drivers on Centos 8. I've tried installing Labview, patching to latest patch, and then installing latest drivers from driverupdates.zip; installing labviewSP1 without patch and DAQmx 19.1.0; and most combinations in between. I first was installing and ignoring SMAP, but have since disabled SMAP and reinstalled everything.

When I open any vi's that have a channel constant in it, there's a seemingly random chance that, upon opening the block diagram, labview crashes. When labview successfully displays the block diagram, I am unable to get the VI to run, giving an error:

Device identifier is invalid.

And I'm unable to select a new device name from the channel constant drop down. Sometimes it suggests a new device identifier, however the new identifier also does not work.

Running lsusb indicates a national instruments device plugged in to the USB bus.

Does anyone know what may be causing the problem or have very specific install instructions for Centos 8 that prevents this problem?

Thanks for your help,

Thomas

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,790 Views)

@TJLeps wrote:

Running lsusb indicates a national instruments device plugged in to the USB bus.

What is the device?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,771 Views)

Oops, I was trying to be thorough with the software side and totally forgot to add that, it's a cDAQ-9174 with an ni-9201 in it.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,768 Views)