Linux Users

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview 2016 using Centos7

Hi All,

I have an interesting issue if I open LabVIEW and then open a vi everything works great. However if I try to open a vi from my file browser using "Open with:" Labview2016 32bit or Labview2016 64bit nothing happens at all. Same thing if I just double click on my vi's icon. I am using MATE as my desktop. Anyone else having this issue?

Dave

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,941 Views)

Hello,

I had (and still have) the exact same issue. LabVIEW 2018 on CentOS 7 with GNOME. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,918 Views)

Same here, LabVIEW 2018 CentOS 7.6.

Also, sometimes clicking the VI on the tool bar to open the front panel or block diagram does not work as well.  I suspect the OS more than LabVIEW in this instance.

Ryan Vallieu CLA, CLED
Senior Systems Analyst II
NASA Ames Research Center
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,898 Views)

I solved the issue this weekend. Go to /usr/share/applications you will find a Labview20xx.desktop file you will need to edit the line that starts with EXEC. find where you labview executable is located and replace everything on that line except %F with the complete path to the executable also make sure the line starts with EXEC=/. If labview is no longer on your "Open With" list then you made a mistake in editing your desktop file. I am at work now and don't actually have access to my LabVIEW installation to provide more detail. I will follow up tomorrow and provide the desktop file that I used.

Good Luck,

Dave

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,888 Views)

@daveh56 wrote:

I solved the issue this weekend. Go to /usr/share/applications you will find a Labview20xx.desktop file you will need to edit the line that starts with EXEC. find where you labview executable is located and replace everything on that line except %F with the complete path to the executable also make sure the line starts with EXEC=/. If labview is no longer on your "Open With" list then you made a mistake in editing your desktop file. I am at work now and don't actually have access to my LabVIEW installation to provide more detail. I will follow up tomorrow and provide the desktop file that I used.

Good Luck,

Dave

The exec line should look something like this:

Exec=/usr/local/natinst/LabVIEW-2016/labview %F

Message 5 of 5
(2,876 Views)