Linux Users

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW unexpected close after trying to delete orphaned subdiagram label

Hello folks,

First off, am very excited to see quite a few people already using LabVIEW on Linux. I just started out a couple of months ago. (Am continuing to use LV on Windows where necessary.)

Wondering if anybody else is facing the issue stated asunder; and what the fix is, if available.

My working environment:

IDE: LabVIEW 2020 SP1 64-bit Pro

OS: openSUSE Leap 15.2 x86_64 with the latest official updates

Desktop: GNOME (as reported by `echo $XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP`)

Steps to reproduce the problem:

1. Create any of 'case', 'for loop', 'while loop' or 'diagram disable' structures in a VI block diagram.
  2. Ensure sub-diagram label is shown. (In my case, LV options was set to make this default. I also reproduced the problem by turning off the LV option to show subdiagram label.)
  3. Remove the structure, even if it is empty, by right-clicking border and selecting 'Remove <Structure Name> Structure'. (Alternatively: Select the structure with a mouse click and then use Quick Drop shortcut Ctrl-Space Ctrl-Shift-R).
  4. PROBLEM: The structure is removed, but its label remains on the block diagram. I can edit its content and move the bottom edge; but I cannot move or remove the label.
  5. PROBLEM: Trying various keyboard/mouse actions, this one crashed LabVIEW - Right-click on the orphaned label and select 'Properties'. LabVIEW IDE disappears. It is no longer running per my system monitor.

I don't know where to look for LabVIEW's log files, if any. Will be happy to provide those and any pertinent info needed to diagnose the problem better.

EDIT: This problem was not reproducible in LabVIEW (same version but 32-bit) running on Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(71 Views)