Linux Users

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LSDAQ not finding PCIe 6323 and PCIe 6509 CentOS 7

I am having trouble getting my I/O up and running on my CentOS machine.  When I run lspci -vv I can see both of my cards and their names, but lsdaq returns no devices.  As a note, I am using a PCIe expansion chassis, but all of the other cards in the expansion are working correct.

I am running CentOS 7.3, NI driver 15.0.0-f1.

I have tried installing NI-KAL 15.1 but that made things worse by deleting a bunch of executables including niSystemReport.  I performed a manual removal of all NI packages and reinstalled from scratch.  Attached is the relevant results from lspci and the complete niSystemReport (until it stopped running for not being able to find /proc/ksyms).

Any tips or things I am missing?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(6,819 Views)

Install visa-17 for this is the best VISA .

First update Centos 7 after that install visa follow the instructions.

Second. Check if you have the permissions as a root.

I can show to you how to add root permission.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(6,792 Views)

OK.  So I re-installed CentOS from scratch, then patched it to kernel 3.10.0-514.10.2.el7.x86_64 and put in the devel libraries too.  I then installed the 15.0 base drivers and then put in NI-VISA 17.  I still get the same results from lsdaq which is that nothing is found.

Edit:  I have run all of these commands as root and as a basic user with no change to the results.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(6,777 Views)

ok!
Please tell me if you found as a root or not. In another words, you can see any device when you run visa-17 as a root?

Do you know what I'm saying?

In terminal you can type:

sudo su

your password of course

cd  /usr/local/vxipnp/linux/NIvisa

after that you can type  'ls' to check files

than type      ./visaconf &

Tell me what happen.

with you want, you can type inside:

cd  /usr/local/vxipnp/linux/NIvisa

in this moment type   chmod -R 777*

must be sudo. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(6,768 Views)

Follow pictures.

August 2, 2017, 1:28:19 PM

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(6,767 Views)

OK!

If you found any device as a root (i hope you can) you need to type sudo su (your password again) 

then type gpasswd -a username dialout (your name).

then reboot the system and all is fine.

oh! I forgot to say, when you install Centos 7 you must flag that your user as a admin.. did you do that?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(6,762 Views)

Ok, with you want more little help please I have a skype

motovmp1   please add.

I have the same problem and for me this is about permission....

I have team viewer too....including Centos 7..

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(6,759 Views)

Standby...It looks like I may have 2 problems.  Problem 1 is that the 6323 card is not supported on Linux at all, so it shouldn't be surprising that it doesn't show up in the driver.  Problem 2 is what driver I am using.  According to the driver and support page, the 6509 should be using the 8.0.2mx driver, not the 15.0 driver that is at the top of the driver list.  I'm putting a fresh install of CentOS on my machine now and will put the 8.0.2 driver on as soon as its done and update the thread.

Driver support page can be found at:

http://www.ni.com/product-documentation/6910/en/

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(6,750 Views)

Update...It looks like neither of these cards are supported in Linux.  The 8.0.2 driver is for the old kernel.  Back to the drawing board on I/O configuration.  Thank you for trying to help.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(6,739 Views)

@dgustavsson wrote:

Update...It looks like neither of these cards are supported in Linux.  The 8.0.2 driver is for the old kernel.  Back to the drawing board on I/O configuration.  Thank you for trying to help.

Remember: only buy HW w/ *free* (-> GPL!) drivers. Proprietary driver can never work reliably (this has always been so on Linux). You've been lucky that it do ugly crashes or even destroyed your filesystem.

Ah, I see some usb symbols in the proprietary modules. On not-so-old kernels (IIRC since some early 3.x, perhaps even earlier) this is an direct license violation, which voids the license completely (IOW: you're not allowed to use Linux anymore) !

Linux Embedded / Kernel Hacker / BSP / Driver development / Systems engineering
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,757 Views)