Linux Users

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue while accessing COM port

Hi ,

1st Issue :

I am trying to run a test case in regression mode like you can say 20,000 number of times by accessing power supply in that through COM port. And whenever i access power supply through COM port and control that through python using pyvisa and SCPI commands, after some number of iterations(random) about 10,000 iterations COM port losses the contact and an error is shown that no instrument connected. Can anyone explain me why this happens and how can we take care of this issue ?

2nd Issue :

While using pyvisa, whenever we use list resources why does that display the address of more than one COM port as shown below while we have only single COM port available for instrument connection on our CPU ? Any idea how can we avoid this ? Or is there any way to see directly which is the COM port on which Power supply is connected(In case you are suggesting the solution to query using "*IDN?" then that process consumes a lot of time) ?

u'ASRL1::INSTR', u'ASRL3::INSTR', u'ASRL10::INSTR', u'ASRL13::INSTR', u'ASRL22::INSTR', u'ASRL55::INSTR'

Thanks & Regards,

Himanshu Aggarwal

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(3,005 Views)