Linux Users

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing NI-DAQmx 8.0.1 on openSUSE

Hi Troy,

I installed Daqmx 3.2, Whn i query lsdaq it didnt list Ni cards,

By launching Daqmxconfig, i found the USB card Recognised, But PCI  card didnt recognise.

So without uninstalling daqmx 3.2, i installed Daqmx 8.0.1 and queried with nilsdev it lists the two PCI cards i used. No USB.

So, I m struck up with aquiring data using USB.

Help me .

sankar.s

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 30
(1,048 Views)

I'm not sure if I am clear on your issue.  Let me see if I understand correctly.  Do you have NI-DAQmx Base 3.2 and NI-DAQmx 8.0.1 installed on the computer?  When you call nilsdev or lsdaq you can't see any devices even though they are all installed?

With NI-DAQmx and NI-DAQmx Base installed can you run   nilsdev --verbose --diag and include the output in your post?  Could you also include the output from lsdaq?

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 30
(1,048 Views)

HI please find the results of some query.

sankar.s

-------------------------------------------------------------

sankar:~ # lsdaq

--------------------------------

Detecting National Instruments DAQ Devices

Found the following DAQ Devices:

NI USB-6008: "Dev3"    (Dev3)

--------------------------------

sankar:~ # nilsdev

NI PCI-6514: "Dev2"

NI PCI-6518: "Dev1"

sankar:~ # nilsdev --verbose --diag

NI PCI-6514: "Dev2"

iDriver Class Name:                     nNISDR000::tCommonDriver

iDriverInitializer Class Name:      nNISDR000::tDriverInitializer

iDriverClient Class Name:           nNISDR000::tDriverClient

Driver create status:                  0

Serial Number:                        0x1321BB0

Bus Type:                           PCI

PCI Bus:                            0x1

PCI Device:                         0x0

IRQ Level:                          0x16

Memory Range:                       0xFF8FF000-0xFF8FFFFF

Memory Range:                       0xFF8FC000-0xFF8FDFFF

NI PCI-6518: "Dev1"

iDriver Class Name:                 nNISDR000::tCommonDriver

iDriverInitializer Class Name:      nNISDR000::tDriverInitializer

iDriverClient Class Name:           nNISDR000::tDriverClient

Driver create status:               0

Serial Number:                      0x1204DA8

Bus Type:                           PCI

PCI Bus:                            0x1

PCI Device:                         0x2

IRQ Level:                          0x14

Memory Range:                       0xFF8FE000-0xFF8FEFFF

Memory Range:                       0xFF8FA000-0xFF8FBFFF

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 30
(1,048 Views)

It looks like both your USB and your PCI devices are showing up.  Are you missing any devices?  The 6518 and 6514 are only supported by NI-DAQmx and the USB-6008 is only supported in NI-DAQmx Base so what you are seeing looks correct.  Can you use all the devices from an application development environment such as LabVIEW or C?

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 30
(1,048 Views)

Neil,

Only PCI cards(Dev1 and Dev2) lists in LabVIEW and i can do control with this PCI Card.

The problem is with the USB, i want to Acquire analog signal thro USB, which i didnt able to do till now. Even I Couldnt see the USB device name( Dev3)  in the  LabVIEW.

So tell me, how we can solve this and how we can do data aquisition using USB  with LabVIEW.

Sankar.s

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 30
(1,048 Views)

DAQmx Base doesn't automatically populate the device or channel controls in LabVIEW.  Simply type the device or channel name string from lsdaq in the control and it should work.  Furthermore you must use the DAQmx Base API, which is different from the DAQmx API.

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 30
(1,048 Views)

Thank you Neil.. I read all 3 Cards including USB successfully..

Thanks Again.. Neil

Wat methods we can use to communicate any Database using LabVIEW linux...

My windows application connects Oracle database, so with Linux i need to find some solutions to communicate...

Ideas ???

sankar.s

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 30
(1,048 Views)

I'm glad you got it working.  As for the Database question, I don't have a really good answer, however, you can call into C APIs from LabVIEW or execute scripts in a terminal...  Not very good ideas I know but I'm not that familiar with accessing Oracle databases.  I would recommend you start a new discussion thread in this group and throw out that question again.  I'm not sure if you will get the community following this here.

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 30
(1,048 Views)

In this case you have to specify what database you would like to interface with. You might want to look into PostgreSQL as this is a Linux hosted database that makes a nice light-weight drop-in database for most Oracle functionality. If you use other databases than you are kind of stuck with using ODBC fuctions to access them regardless. For PL/SQL there is pg/SQL to fill most fuctions. It works well if you are looking at a Linux only solution. Using Oracle on Linux isn't bad either - just expensive.

My current employer is a Windows-only shop. We use SQL Server 2005 on Windows 2003 Server with Visual Studio. I't works very well for what we are doing.

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 30
(1,048 Views)

Moved my comments over to discussions.......

0 Kudos
Message 30 of 30
(1,048 Views)