Linux Users

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install LabVIEW 2016 on Ubuntu 14.04

Hi,

I am relatively new to Linux and completely new to LabVIEW. The learning curve is very steep!

I realize that LabVIEW 2016 is not officially supported on Ubuntu 14.04, but I was wondering if someone knows a workaround?

I have found similar discussions about older versions of LabVIEW and Ubuntu, so I thought maybe this would be possible.

During my search I ran into people asking about something called VISA that may be necessary, but I don't know what this is. I have no NI software on my computer.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(15,591 Views)

Hi,

Labview installation procedure is the same as installation for rpm distribution RedHat, Scientfic Linux, CentOS or OpenSuse, which is officially support and other. It's not basicly depend on kernel version and so on, for example I have installed LabView 2014 on Mageia Linux 5.

You should intall VISA if you want to use NI hardware DAQ cards, digitazer and so on, which are supported by diffrenent drivers NI-DAQmx 8.0.2, NI-DAQmxBase 15.0, NI-Scope 3.1 etc. Usually VISA is a part of driver installation.

LabView NI-DAQmx, NIDAQmxBase, NIScope function calls function from shared libraries nidaqmx.so, niscope.so nidaqmxbase.so. If you know text based language C/C++, Pascal, Python and other, which can call function/procedure from shared library, it is better to use IDE (QtCreator, Lazarus or some of Python IDE) to develop application insteand of LabView (changing/editing/moving of code part of existing code needed to rearrange wires of LabView, because wires are everywhere).

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(14,747 Views)