From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Linux Users

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2019 NI Drivers on ubuntu.

Cool, let me know how it goes

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 29
(4,359 Views)

So, tried running visa today and its not working again.  Not sure what has changed, but when i try to run visaconf i get the error libnipalu.so failed to initialize, verify that nipalk.ko is build and loaded.  nipalk.ko is built, and is located at /lib/modules/5.0.0-32-generic/kernel/extra/natinst  .  lsmod does not show it running, but i am able to load it with modprobe.  However, even after loading i still get the error.  Any ideas?

thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 29
(4,274 Views)

@dirtyb15 wrote:

So, tried running visa today and its not working again.  Not sure what has changed, but when i try to run visaconf i get the error libnipalu.so failed to initialize, verify that nipalk.ko is build and loaded.  nipalk.ko is built, and is located at /lib/modules/5.0.0-32-generic/kernel/extra/natinst  .  lsmod does not show it running, but i am able to load it with modprobe.  However, even after loading i still get the error.  Any ideas?

thanks!

It sounds like the nipal init script did not run.  Try unloading the nipalk kernel module (modprobe -r nipalk) and start the init script manually (/etc/init.d/nipal start).

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 29
(4,259 Views)

Hmm... there is no nipal inside of /etc/init.d

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 29
(4,229 Views)

@dirtyb15 wrote:

Hmm... there is no nipal inside of /etc/init.d

That would certainly explain why it didn't run.  😉  It sounds like something went wrong with the install.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 29
(4,225 Views)

Any idea which rpm installs nipal? I assumed it was ni-pal but i don't get any errors when installing.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 29
(4,223 Views)

ni-pal-support

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 29
(4,219 Views)

That was installed without any errors as well... At a loss,this used to work.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 29
(4,216 Views)

Okay, i have it running again.

All i had to do was get the scripts that should have been installed in init.d 

I ended up copying them from a Centos8 machine i have set up.  I can provide them if anyone else needs them?

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 29
(4,205 Views)

I am seeing the same error.  I could use those files.  It looks like I need to get a machine to do a CentOS install for just this type of scenario. 

At the end of the my .deb install, I got the following.  I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Errors were encountered while processing:
libnidrumc1-bin
ni-488.2-gpibenumsvc
ni-daqmx-ef
ni-pal-support
ni-roco
ni-visa-lxi-discovery

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 29
(4,150 Views)