Linux Users

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2019 NI Drivers on ubuntu.

Trying again to get NI drivers working on my mint 19 installation.  I did a rpm download from fedora to get all of the rpm packages, then converted to debs.  Installed everything and when running visaconf i first get an error -1073807360. Reason listed is VISA: Unknown system error.

If i hit continue any changes i try and make give me an error of -5007.  Unexpected error occurred when calling the configuration file library. 

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 29
(7,069 Views)

Hi guy, 

I am also try to install the NI driver on ubuntu18.04. 

But I didn't fix it until now. 

Have you got any solution?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 29
(6,997 Views)

I gave up om Linux LabVIEW on Ubuntu and instead installed Centos 7 .x on a separate hard drive. The drivers get installed with LabVIEW during a standard install.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 29
(6,982 Views)

I just switched to Fedora 30, so far so good.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 29
(6,972 Views)

Any issues with Serial ports on CentOS?

I can't the PXI-8433/4 to work.  They are stuck in 2-wire mode.  Property node for Wire Mode is not supported in Linux

Ryan Vallieu CLA, CLED
Senior Systems Analyst II
NASA Ames Research Center
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 29
(6,962 Views)

Okay, got some time to play around some more with this and finally have it working....

I am running linux mint 19.2 with kernel 5.0.0-23.  (should work with ubuntu as long as kernel is not newer.)

This is what i did (Assuming you already have labview for linux 2019 already installed)

Open your terminal and create a tmp folder, cd into it.

then do  "wget -i http://download.ni.com/ni-linux-desktop/2019.07/rpm/ni/el8/"

That should download all the rpms.

Delete any of the i386 rpms ( I think there were 3). Or move them wherever you want.

now run "sudo alien --scripts *.rpm" This will take awhile.

When finished run "dpkg -i *.deb"   (Again, will take a while, i just installed everything, but obviously you don't have to.)

When finished run "sudo dkms autoinstall"

When finished run "visaconf"

That should be it. Good luck!

Message 6 of 29
(6,948 Views)

@dirtyb15 wrote:

Okay, got some time to play around some more with this and finally have it working....

I am running linux mint 19.2 with kernel 5.0.0-23.  (should work with ubuntu as long as kernel is not newer.)

This is what i did (Assuming you already have labview for linux 2019 already installed)

Open your terminal and create a tmp folder, cd into it.

then do  "wget -i http://download.ni.com/ni-linux-desktop/2019.07/rpm/ni/el8/"

That should download all the rpms.

Delete any of the i386 rpms ( I think there were 3). Or move them wherever you want.

now run "sudo alien --scripts *.rpm" This will take awhile.

When finished run "dpkg -i *.deb"   (Again, will take a while, i just installed everything, but obviously you don't have to.)

When finished run "sudo dkms autoinstall"

When finished run "visaconf"

That should be it. Good luck!

Will this work for LabVIEW 2018 RTE? I just want to be able to run a LabVIEW.exe I created in LabVIEW for Linux on another Linux OpenSuse machine.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 29
(6,909 Views)

I need to be able to run a LabVIEW.exe on Ubuntu only using LabVIEW RTE. I tried using the Alien function to unpackage and install all the rpm files but now I'm having a bunch of missing library errors when trying to run my LabVIEW application.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 29
(6,902 Views)

You probably need to install the labview rte (It is not in the drivers i posted.), it would be in the labview install download.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 29
(6,896 Views)

Ok I am going to follow your process and see if I can at least get LabVIEW installed and running on Ubuntu. If that works then I will try with again on a fresh Ubuntu install with LabVIEW RTE.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 29
(6,886 Views)