Life Science

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

heart rate

Hi,
I implemented a circuit which shows up heart beats using the electret microphone on the Oscilloscope, My point is that I want to show the heart beat using labview which i can do but I want to calculate the number of beats per minute, is there anyone who can help me out in this issue.
Brian
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(13,833 Views)

would not peak detection do??

what sort of a waveform does the voltages given by the  "electret microphone" make on the scope??

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(13,828 Views)
The waveform given are the PQRS wave form.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(13,823 Views)

Ok then, detecting the Peak in QRS comlpex should do.

Depending on what rate you want to update the heart rate display, acquire samples in that time span and perform a peak detection on those samples.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(13,813 Views)
Hi Dev,

I am not able to figure out how to do the code using the peak detector circuit, can you please send me the simple and basic code for the heart rate calculation.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(13,751 Views)
In the Examples shipped with LabVIEW, you will find an example vi called 'Advanced peak detector'

Go to Find examples>> search and find this vi

Additionally LabVEW has a function called 'Threshold peak detector' you could use it as demonstrated in the attached vi, to detect peaks in an acquired waveform and determine the heart rate

Acquire waveforms every second at a suitable sampling rate and find the numper of peaks in each second's data and determine the heart rate
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(13,739 Views)
hi.., is this thread still active? I have same issue. I 've connected my microphone and labview acquire the sound from the mcirophone jack on my soundcard.. But firstly my vi's that i designed, is for recorded heart signal. The sound that i record comes from stethoscope that connect with electret microphone. Vi's can count the peak. but i cant count them as bpm.
Is there anybody can solve my problem?
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(13,273 Views)
Hi Paws,

The Threshold Peak Detector VI also returns an array indices where the peak occurs. You should be able to do some sort of computation on the array indices to calculate bpm.

Regards,
Stanley Hu
National Instruments
Applications Engineering
http://www.ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(13,252 Views)
hi bro can you give some theory of ecg, maybe in the formulas or the flowcharts of the processing signal ecg ?
tanx before
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(12,959 Views)