From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Life Science

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

heart rate monitor

hi ,i wnat to make a heart rate monitor . can you help me please.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(10,531 Views)
Hi Daniel,

We might be able to help.
Can you provide more details of where you need assistance? Is it to "monitor" as in capture the ecg waveform? Is it to interpret the q-r-s-t curves (height vs distance)? Do you simply want to "count" the number of beats per minute? Are you interested in time between Systole & Diastole?

Sorry for so many questions, but the more info you provide, the better help we can (attempt) to provide.

And of course, are you doing this in LV???

-JLV-
Message 2 of 9
(10,532 Views)
JoeLabView wrote in news:5065000000050000002EC40100-
1079395200000@exchange.ni.com:

> Hi Daniel,
>
> We might be able to help.
> Can you provide more details of where you need assistance? Is it to
> "monitor" as in capture the ecg waveform? Is it to interpret the
> q-r-s-t curves (height vs distance)? Do you simply want to "count"
> the number of beats per minute? Are you interested in time between
> Systole & Diastole?
>
> Sorry for so many questions, but the more info you provide, the better
> help we can (attempt) to provide.
>
> And of course, are you doing this in LV???
>
> -JLV-

Just be careful about "helping" a student too much. You might not be doing
him a service by handing it to him on a plate

Scott
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(10,531 Views)
Hi Joel , thks for your help and your interest to answare my questions. first

1.- I`m working in the with lab view ,a daq and i work with the elvis .

2.- this project consists to obtein the signal of the heart and simply want to "count" the number of beats per minute , determined by the age of the user(like a polar heart rate monitor), and a wave form graph .

3.- after obtain all this signals and to count the bits per minute , I want to pass it to a PDA with the PDA`s module of NI.

I was testing with electrodes but i get more interference. and i don`t know how count the bits per minute.

Joel thks for your help

Daniel Marquez.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(10,531 Views)
Hi Joel , thks for your help and your interest to answare my questions. first

1.- I`m working in the with lab view ,a daq and i work with the elvis .

2.- this project consists to obtein the signal of the heart and simply want to "count" the number of beats per minute , determined by the age of the user(like a polar heart rate monitor), and a wave form graph .

3.- after obtain all this signals and to count the bits per minute , I want to pass it to a PDA with the PDA`s module of NI.

I was testing with electrodes but i get more interference. and i don`t know how count the bits per minute.

Joel thks for your help

Daniel Marquez."
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(10,531 Views)
I would like to develop a simple 3 lead ECG monitoring system using NI ELVIS hardware. I have  to measure lead configuration II and record the readings(samples) over 1 hour duration. My project is related to time domain maesures of Heart Rate Variability for which i need long term readings. In short i need to accquire real time ECG samples but i am unable to get a good circitry.Pleasse help me if possible and If you have developed this sort of a 3 lead monitoring system before please email me. thanks
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(9,963 Views)
Joanna,

Please be cautious with your setup! ECG equipment must be designed to keep leakage currents to very low values. The electrodes reduce the impedance across the skin to the point where leakage currents which would be unnoticeable to a causal touch might be lethal! ECG amplifiers provide isolation between the living system and the recoding and analysis systems. Check with your Human Subject Experimentation Review committee or the Biomedical Safety Engineer at your facility for specific advice.

ELVIS is not designed to be connected to ECG electrodes safely!

Lynn
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(9,942 Views)
There are some resources under ni.com/academic for Biomedical Engineering.  See them here.  The University of Wisconsin's Biomedical Engineering does a similar lab as well, linked here.
Regards,

James R.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(9,930 Views)
There are some resources under ni.com/academic for Biomedical Engineering.  See them here.  The University of Wisconsin's Biomedical Engineering does a similar lab as well, linked here.
Regards,

James R.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(9,930 Views)