Life Science

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EMGWorks Data plugin

I want to use Labview to acquire data from Delsys EMGworks. I amusing EMGWorks 3.5 and downloaded and installed EMGworks dataplugin. However I do not know where to find the plugin in labview. Can anyone help me with this issue?
thanks

Renato
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(10,544 Views)

What exactly is EMGWorks and what does it have to do with NI Signal Generators.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(10,535 Views)

EMGWorks is a software that acquires signal from another instrument (Myomonitor IV).

In fact, it has nothing to do with NI Signal Generators. But I couldn´t find a category in which it would fit.

I downloaded the dataplugin for this software and want to use labview to acquire and save signal from this instrument instead of EMGworks.

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(10,529 Views)
What kind of connection do you have to this instrument? Serial, GPIB, Etherenet, PCI, USB? What is this 'plugin'? What does it 'plug into'? Do you have a programming manual for the instrument?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(10,524 Views)

The connection is wireless. I don´t know what is this plugin. I wondered the same thing. I found the plugin on the manufacturer and NI website. I questioned the manufacturers to know how to use it and was told to look for NI support.

I have the user manual of the instrument and software

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(10,518 Views)

If you are talking about <A href="http://search.ni.com/nisearch/main/p?q=Delsys&x=13&y=10">this</A>, then that is something that will enable the Diadem product to read files created by EMGWorks. That would have nothing at all to do controlling hardware.

I'm glad you have the manual for the instrument and the software but if you want some help, you might want to provide a bit more information. I still have no idea what type of hardware you are trying to connect to. You might want to post to the LabVIEW board to get a broader audience in regard to this instrument.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(10,511 Views)
EMGWorks is the software I use to acquire data from myomonitor IV (hardware). Myomonitor IV is a hardware to collect muscle electric signals (EMG). It sends a wireless signal captured by the host PC running EMGworks. However, I don't want to use EMGworks. I want to use labview so I can synchronize EMG signal (from myomonitor) with signals from other instruments like a force plate , or a load cell or video data. The manufacturer of myomonitor is delsys (www.delsys.com). I don't know what kind of information I can provide.

Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(10,499 Views)
The information that is needed is details on the wireless protocol. It looks like there is D-Link wireless adapter that is installed. It could be using either TCP/IP or UDP. Both of these protocols are supported in LabVIEW. Once you know the protocol, you need to determine how each packet is formatted. This would mean how the acquired signals are encoded. Unless you find someone who has already done this, this is basic research that you will have to do and it will require that either Delsys provide it or you use some Ethernet siffer program and decode it yourself.  It looks like Delsys uses NI DAQ in their products and might be familiar with LabVIEW. Have you contacted them about your problem? That should have been the first place to go for information. Tell them that you want to be able to read and decode the data with a third-party program and can they provide the details on the data transmission.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(10,496 Views)