Life Science

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EEG (Electro Encephalo Gramme) Components

Dear Sirs,

I would like to design an economic but accurate EEC. This instrument messures voltages from human brain using electrodes (sensors). The electrodes produce micro Volt analog input and the frequency of can vary from 0.5 to 30 Hz. The number of electrodes can vary from 16 to 256.

I would like to ask what kind of amplifier, analog-to-digital PC or PDA based equiment and control software should use for this application.

One important detail is the accuracy of the instrument and the other to avoid hipothetical electro-shocks to the patient.

Thanks in advance,

Igor.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(12,635 Views)
Igor:

I have developed and delployed a program that does just this; however, I used existing hardware (not NI!) because of concerns re: the FDA. There are very specific demands re: optical isolation as well as amplifier characteristics and I'd be happy to discuss this with you further, if you'd like.

To see my project, browse to http://www.neurofeed.com/products_NeuroCarePro.asp
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(12,634 Views)
Hi,

Your EEG software looks great. I live in Peru, however I'm concerned about the quality and would like to make the things well. Here this equipment can be purchased only buy important hospitals. We hope to change this.

I will appreciate any information you can provide regarding the hardware or software for the application.

I'm new to medical equipment, but have extensive experience in hardware design, software development, data aquisition, etc.

Regards,

Igor.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(12,634 Views)

hey..nice to meet u, Igor, i 'm doing the same project with u. from the information i got, there is several step must be applied.

from the electrode --> pre-amplifier-->low pass filter-->high pass--> gain amplifier--> notch filter-->safety circuit.

to desgin a EEG amplifier must have high gain, low noise and filtering.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(11,169 Views)