From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

typedef unsigned long long UINT64;

Hello,

If got a third party source code that I have to implement in CVI in a GUI.

Now I have the problem with the type definition  " typedef unsigned long long UINT64; " the error  "fm_demod.h"(116,14)   Invalid use of 'long'.

How can I handle this.

Thomas

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(8,524 Views)

Support for the long long data type was added in CVI 8.5, so presumably you're using an older version. The (equivalent) __int64 datatype has been around much longer, so you can try replacing unsigned long long with unsigned __int64.

Mert A.

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(8,507 Views)

As long as you are using CVI 7.0 or latter you can change the type from 'unsigned long long' to 'unsigned __int64' to get it to compile. Additionally CVI 8.5 allows the 'unsigned long long' type as a valid type. If you are using an earlier version of CVI than 7.0, you must upgrade to get 64-bit integer support.

Michael

NI

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(8,505 Views)

Thank you for your help

Thomas

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(8,478 Views)

Hello

i have met the same problem.the souce code i got from third party,so i cant modify it becuase many file are relative to this file.

the third party file define: 

typedef unsigned long   uint32_t;  

and the <stdint.h> define:

typedef unsigned int        uint32_t;

so the error is  " Redeclaration of 'uint32_t'." when i compile the source file,

So how should i do if i cant modify the souce code from third party.

the version of CVI  is 2010

Thanks ,

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(7,596 Views)

A unsigned long and an unsigned int are the same thing in CVI. You could modify the header for the 3rd party DLL to use unsigned int.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(7,581 Views)