LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rf capture/demodulation

I would like to capture an rf signal and demodulate it (300Mhz).  How can I do this with a 5600 and 5142 digitizer?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,138 Views)

Joncombat.

The 5600 and 5142 together make up the PXIe-5661 VSA (Vector Signal Analyzer). To use these in this functionality, you would need the NI-RFSA driver. The best place to start looking for examples on acquisitions with this hardware is in the NI Example Finder (in LabVIEW, go to Help >> Find Examples, and then browse to Hardware Input and Output>> Modular Instruments>> NI-RFSA). This should be a good starting point. The easiest way to demodulate acquired signals in this fashion would be the NI Modulation Toolkit if you have access to it. There are also examples using this in the directory I pointed you to above. Beyond this, the idea would be to acquire the signal with the hardware through the NI-RFSA drivers, and then process it form there.

Timothy S.
Senior Technical Support Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,124 Views)

Hi,

I am using CVI.  Examples are usually hard to find.  I downloaded the toolkits but cannot find examples.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,116 Views)

Joncombat,

For CVI examples using the RFSA, if the NI-RFSA drivers installed CVI support, the examples are located in the start menu at Start>> Program Files>> National Instruments>> NI-RFSA>> Examples, and then the C or CVI folders.

For the Modulation Toolkit, you would need to ensure that CVI support had been installed, as the CVI and LabVIEW Modulation Toolkits use different installers. With this installed, the examples are installed to

Start>> Program Files>> National Instruments>> Modulation>> CVI Support.

The knowledgebase NI-RFSG, NI-RFSA, and RF Toolkits Installation and Example Locations goes through these and other example locations as well.

Timothy S.
Senior Technical Support Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,102 Views)

Hi!,

i also have a related question,if i have an antenna attached to 5601 and i want to capture RF signals through it,do i have to configure MAX for a channel or by invoking the 5601 slot is enough as my resource?

thanks,

moses

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,889 Views)

duplicate, continues here

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,881 Views)