LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Size to text" issue with Korean language

Solved!
Go to solution

I've been struggling with this issue since several years and I've never found its real source and/or a solution that works reliably for every message.

I'm not sure if it depends on the OS (I see it in Win XP, Win 7 and Win 10 but not necessary for the same messages) and/or from CVI (I see in from CVI 2010 SP1 to 2017).

I attach a simple uir that shows what I mean: if I enable "Size to text" property for a Text message control, some of the messages are cut and some of the last glyphs are missing.

One more thing: if you double click over one of the controls and click inside "Default value" box, the edit cursor appears as expected.

But if you press the "End" key (or you press right arrow multiple times) the cursor can't be placed to the right of the last glyph.

This behavior seems related to this one, but I can't be sure.

Can someone help with this?

Vix
-------------------------------------------
In claris non fit interpretatio

Using LV from 7
Using LW/CVI from 6.0
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,436 Views)

Hi Vix,

Do you know if the font you were using is a monospace font?

In case the font you're using is not a monospace font, please try with a monospace font to see if you get the same behavior.

Message 2 of 4
(2,375 Views)

I don't know if it is a monospace font.

Thnaks to a NI guy, we discovered that Malgun Gothic font works as expected (at least for the sample text in the uir), Batang and Dotum fonts show the same wrong behavior.

All the three fonts are included in the list supplied with Windows for Korean kanguage.

I don't know which is the difference between them.

Maybe this can be useful for further investigation.

Vix

Using LV from 7
Using LW/CVI from 6.0
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,367 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author vix

I add here what I received from NI engineers through a private support ticket.

CAR #580297 tracks some unexpected behaviors due to the lack of Unicode support.

Since CVI 2019 is just around the corner, I think that we should wait until 2021 (at least) Smiley Sad

Vix

Using LV from 7
Using LW/CVI from 6.0
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,326 Views)