From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"No Source Control Control provider found", How do I set up Perforce integration?

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm in the process of getting Perforce setup with our software packages and I was told that Perforce integrates into Lab Windows CVI but I cannot find any documentation as to how to set it up, just that it works. I've tried to set it up by going into Options»Environment»Source Code Control»Select... and Edit»Project»Source Code Control»Select... but both methods give me the same result when I select Select... it prompts me with "No Source Code Control provider found".
I have Perforce's Helix Core P4v installed on my client.
Any documentation will help.
Thank you,
Kayla

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,504 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kaylz

Is MSSCCI enabled in Perforce ?

Personally I find it easier to use svn or git outside of the compiler. Things are just clearer.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,431 Views)

MSSCCI not being enabled was the issue. I dug through old forums to find the solution. Unfortunately all the links in the related posts with instructions on how to integrate and what's needed no longer work! I'm attaching the link to the cross posts I found that gave me the info I needed. Perforce used to have a plugin called P4SCC that allowed it to integrate into Lab Windows CVI and appear in the Providers list. They replaced it with P4VS for Visual Studios several years ago. I attempted to find the plugin myself to no avail but couldn't find the last version released. I was able to acquire the latest version of the P4SCC(2012) from Perforce Support and it now appears in the Providers list.

I'm attaching the exe in case anyone else comes across this issue and needs it.

Thanks!!

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Perforce-SCM-integration-without-SCC-plugin/td-p/3759989?profile.la...

https://forums.perforce.com/index.php?/topic/5639-replacing-p4scc-for-integration-with-non-vs-ide/pa...

Message 3 of 3
(2,305 Views)