LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

matlab with CVI distribution

I'm using matlab with cvi to plot some data, and it's fine. However, when I build the distribution and install it on a different machine, MLApp_NewDIMLApp returns error, and it doesn't start. The machine that I'm trying to install has a newer version of matlab, than the development system.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,078 Views)

VTA,

I would suggest following the steps in the Knowledge Base article below to see if this can resolve the issue.

AE KB 3NDGH1K7: LabWindows/CVI's Shipping Example for Interfacing with The MathWorks, Inc. MATLAB® ActiveX Automation Server Returns Errors

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/0FB80F59D0AF9A4F8625703E007BF78B?OpenDocument

Regards,

Renée M
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,067 Views)

Thanks for the reply.

I can run the matlab on my development system, it's only when I build the distribution to install in a different machine that is not working. The machine that I'm trying to install has the latest run-rime engine. I can run the activedemo on my development system as well, but when I build the distribution and install it on a different machine it gives me "Class not registered" error.

Is there something in the distribution build setting that I need to set.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,064 Views)

VTA,

There are still some steps in the article which I linked above which might solve this. Try running through those quick steps and let me know if that changes anything.

Regards,

Renée M
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,052 Views)

I followed the steps, and tried it again with not much change. I'm still getting "Class not Registered", when I install my distribution version on a target system.

Any info to resolve this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,049 Views)

I should mention that I'm trying the latest shipping example mathlabdemo with CVI 10.0.1.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,048 Views)

VTA,

Can you please post a screenshot of the error you are seeing? This might help us figure out what is going on.

Regards,

Renée M
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,027 Views)

I resolved the issue by upgrading matlab on my development machine to the same version as the target system, and rebuilding the matlab instrument driver.

I was getting"Class not Registered" error on the target system.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,017 Views)