From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

low-Level Support Drivers Missing after recent update

I got the Emergency Driver Update by NI a couple weeks ago and installed it.  Now when I go to build a distribution/installer, I go to the Drivers & Components tab and it tells me my low-level support driver module is missing or inaccessible.

Using CVI 2010 10.0.1 (419)

Soooo, what the heck happened?

The update may have been this, which resides in a folder on my C Drive - NI Security Advisory 5Q5FJ4QW - Local privilege escalation vulnerability 11.0.3

By the way, I'm pretty sure almost every update I have ever done with NI, has always caused something to break.  And if it didn't break it, it was because I was re-installing a 2GB sized application.  Can you tell i'm irritated?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,786 Views)

I have verified everything is in place from this page - http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370051T-01/cvi/programmerref/lowlevelsupportdriver/

cvintdrv.* files in driver folder have timestamp of 11/4/2011

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,779 Views)

Unfortunately, what you are seeing is the intended behavior. As a result of the fix for the security vulnerability, it is no longer possible to distribute the low-level driver as a standalone component, separate from the full CVI RTE. The details are in this Knowledge Base article, which is linked to from the main Knowledge Base article that accompanies that update.

Please read the main article carefully, since this update added some additional restrictions to the use of the low-level driver, which might have an impact on the run-time behavior of your application. Specifically, the need to be running with elevated privileges in order to call the inp/outp functions.

Luis

Message 3 of 4
(2,775 Views)

ahh Sorry, I did a search about low-level support drivers and this page never came up on the first page of search results.  I'll take a read.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,767 Views)