From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

installer directory case

Hi,

I use the LabWindows CVI 9.0 installer to add a hierarchy of files and directories needed by my application to the installation path. 

Everything work fine unless the installer does not keep the case of the directory.

This is a problem since my application interface with linux and the directory case makes the difference.

Is there a way to force the installer to keep the same directory name (and case) of that in the source directories tree?

Thank you very much in advance for your help

Stefano

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,533 Views)

There was a bug (#165285) that caused subdirectories of the application directory to always have the names transformed to lowercase when installed. This bug was introduced in version 8.1 and was fixed in version 2009.

Because the bug only affected subdirectories of the application directory, you can avoid this bug by setting the application directory to another arbitrary, dummy directory in your distribution. The downside of this workaround is that when the installer is run, the user will be able to change that the path to that dummy directory, instead of the root directory of your application. To avoid confusion, you might want to disable that directory selection page of the installer. To do so, you must manually change the value of "SingleDirectory" in the distribution's setup.ini file (right next to the setup.exe file) from 1 to 0.

Let me know if you have any trouble.

Mert A.

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,529 Views)

Dear Mert,

thank you very much. I have solved in CVI 2009 creating a new cds fike, the cds I was using was created with CVI 8.1

Thank you very much

Stefano

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,521 Views)