From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ensemble averaging

Hello,

I have a data file that I want to perform an "ensemble" averaging and would like to get suggestions on how to proceed. Here is what I need to be able to do: I have 2 channels of data and I want to use one channel as my trigger channel in order to "trigger" averaging on the second data channel. That is each time a trigger condition is met on the trigger channel I want to perform an average of the data channel over a time window of 100 mSec (i want to be able to play around with different time window size). I also want to do this for the entire data file.

Thanks in advance for your help

Lancer
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,537 Views)
Hello Lancer,

Assuming that you are going to acquire analog data from one of your channels, the solution for this application is to generate a re-triggerable pulse train using the counters on the E Series DAQ board, and use the pulse train as the scan clock for the analog input operation. In order to setup the counters to generate a finite pulse train, one counter is configured to generate a re-triggerable pulse, and the second is configured for continuous pulse generation. The second counter is then gated by the output of the first one and supplies the scan clock.

Each time you trigger your signal, you can place its data in an array and do some simple math to calculate its average. You can do the same thing each time you use your trigger.

Hope this helps!

LA
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,514 Views)