LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

documentation feedback gone

Hello NI,

I remember that once there was a dedicated online form for feedback on the help but it seems to be gone.

I am missing this feature because once in a while I stumble across some typos, missing information (e.g. missing default values) or the like and it seems sort of overkill to open a support request just for reporting such details - and also most of the times I am just too lazy for such an effort.

What should we do if we still care about documentation?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,346 Views)

Hi Wolfgang,

I think you are searching for the IDEAS Exchange:

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabWindows-CVI-Idea-Exchange/idb-p/cviideas

There you can suggest new functions for CVI.

Best wishes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Work with NI Hard- and Software for about 15 years now.

Certified LabVIEW Developer & TestStand Developer/Architect

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,310 Views)

Hi Dennis,

no I am not - actually I am quite familiar with this idea exchange Smiley Happy

My question is what to do if we encounter typos, omissions etc. in the documentation? Get used to it? Or assist NI in improving it?

I think that there are good reasons to have a bug list which is different from a wish list, and in the same way I think that reporting typos and the like in the Idea Exchange is not a good idea (should we vote for a typo? Smiley Wink)

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,305 Views)

Ah, ok, I see.

For this you will have to contact the National Instruments Support over the classic channels like phone.

Then the technician will create an entry for the developers to change the specific issue.

Work with NI Hard- and Software for about 15 years now.

Certified LabVIEW Developer & TestStand Developer/Architect

There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,302 Views)