cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

debug64: non-debuggable thread caued a 'General Protection' fault

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

now it has hit me... running CVI2020 I can compile and run my function well in debug mode. However, when compiled and run in debug64 mode I get the fatal run-time error at unknown source position... (at address 1) when the function returns

I remember to have seen such an issue, but I am not sure and don't remember where...

My function looks like this

{

// block of code executing properly without issues //

} <- the error is thrown when the function returns; if I have a breakpoint before such as

{

// block of code executing properly without issues //

; <- statement with breakpoint: all fine until here

} <- the error is thrown when the function returns;

Any help is much appreciated, thanks a lot in advance!

By the way, the resource tracking utility also does not show any issue

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,139 Views)

hi

try to increase yout stack size on build option window or the default calling convention

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(1,113 Views)

Thanks, I will give it a try and let you know 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,094 Views)

I have increased the numbers maximum stack size and stack allocation size by a factor of 100 with no change in behavior.

However, when I deselect debugging (no run-time checks) everything works fine, so I conclude that this is an internal limitation of 32 bit CVI respective its debugger.

I will try to have NI look at it via filing a service request, but at the end of CVI's lifetime I am not so optimistic.

Thanks anyway for the suggestion!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,078 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Wolfgang

I have been in contact with NI - and unfortunately, as I already expected, it turned out that the crash is another limitation of the LabWindows/CVI 32 bit application.

And because CVI uses its own memory manager it would be too much effort to fix this in a patch, according to NI - hence it will never happen 🙄

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(986 Views)